Expert coordinators guide your business through a checklist assessment of sustainable practices, and conduct site visits to walk through your facility. Your business will receive custom recommendations, tools, and support to help you be more environmentally-conscious and resource-efficient. Information about tax incentives, rebates, and grants are also available.
Businesses achieve Rethink Certified recognition by practicing conservation, efficiency, and equity actions in the categories below:
- Pollution Prevention
- Solid Waste
- Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI)
Steps to Rethink Certified recognition:
- Contact us.
- Visit the Oregon Rethink Business Network online. Click Apply Now to be a sustainable business. Fill out the application form with basic information to sign up. Once you sign up, you can start filling out your assessment checklist.
- Site visit. We will contact you after receiving your completed online application. A site visit typically takes an hour to complete, depending on the size of your facility.
- Recommendations report. Your Rethink coordinator will follow-up with a customized report of recommended actions and resources to guide your business towards recognition.
- Recognition awarded! If all recommendations required for Rethink Certified recognition have been implemented, your business will receive recognition benefits listed below and an ORBN Directory listing. Your recognition lasts for three years. At the end of that period, a Rethink coordinator will reassess your organization to ensure the latest program standards are being met.
Looking to preview the checklist before you get started? Find the printable PDF version of the checklist for your business sector below.
Rethink Business visits include:
- Free customized assistance.
- Information on rebates, incentives and grant opportunities.
- Detailed, personalized recommendations in a report format.
- Free resources, including desk-side boxes, water-saving devices, posters and decals.
Rethink Certified recognition benefits:
- Award plaque for your business.
- Use of the Rethink logo in your marketing materials.
- Rethink Certified window decal.
- Social media announcements by BRING.
- Listing in local Eugene Magazine.
- Listing in BRING’s quarterly newsletter, UsedNews.
- Listing in Oregon Rethink Business Network Directory.
- Spotlight at sustainability events.
- Eligibility for the Mayor’s Bold Steps award (City of Eugene businesses).
Visit the Oregon Rethink Business Network Directory for a list of recognized businesses.